1. On April 08, 2013 the MORTH has issued a notification no. G.S.R.207 (E) for fitment of RFID tags on vehicles for Electronic Toll Collection (ETC).
2. It notifies that categories M&N motor vehicles manufactured after October 2013 shall be fitted with RFID windshield tag as per the specification mentioned in resolution H-25011/4/2011-P&P.
3. It is decided by the SIAM members that such a RFID windshield tag shall be certified for technical compliance by an independent 3rd party.
4. ARAI, Pune has come forward with the test procedure and the RFID tag suppliers are submitting their tags for compliance certification.
5. i-TEK has partnered with leading tag / chip manufacturers to develop and supply the RFID windshield tag to the Automotive Manufacturers in India for Electronic Toll Collection (ETC).